Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Joel Comm's Internet Marketing Tips March 24

Joel Comm's Internet Marketing Tips
March 24, 2008
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I've got a pretty colorful past


I got my first job when I was fourteen-years old, working behindthe counter of a fast-food restaurant at Northbrook Court shoppingmall in Northbrook, Illinois.


After all, I needed to save up money to buy a TRS-80 Model Icomputer from Radio Shack!


Once I acquired my driver's license, I worked in the health &beauty department at Venture. Yes, I was a stockboy.


At the age of seventeen, I was fortunate enough to get hired forone of my best jobs ever, a "grunt" at a video store in Deerfield,Illinois. Surrounded by Apple computers, big-screen televisionsand Atari video game cartridges, I was almost in heaven!


At the age of seventeen, I was fortunate enough to get hired forone of my best jobs ever, a "grunt" at a video store in Deerfield,Illinois. Surrounded by Apple computers, big-screen televisionsand Atari video game cartridges, I was almost in heaven!


You know the commercials with the old woman who says "I've fallenand I can't get up"?


Yes, I sold emergency alert systems for a time. Don't laugh. Idid pretty well.


When I was at that job, I remember striking up a businessfriendship with a man by the name of Phil Fisher.


Phil was a seasoned salesman. He seemed like the kind of guy whohad made a profession out of selling whatever he could to make aliving. And he appeared quite knowledgable, gaining my respect inshort order.


One of the things Phil taught me is that the world's best leadersare almost always readers.


Well, since I already had a love for books, I guess I wasn'tsurprised at this theory and I still enjoy reading quite a bit tothis day.


I've just created a new video to discuss five books which I believeare essential for all Internet marketers and entrepreneurs. Ithink you'll enjoy these and I highly recommend picking them up at Amazon.




What are some of YOUR favorite books for business? Please be sureto let me know in the comments section of the site.


Live life today!


Joel


P.S. - Did I really need to go through my entire early work historyto make this point? No. But I thought you might find itinteresting just the same. :-)


InfoMedia, Inc., 1151 Eagle Dr. Ste. 325, Loveland, CO 80537, USA

No comments: